What is multidisciplinary research?

I joined in Young Researchers Cross-Talk 2016

Date: September 29th (Thu) 13:35- 30th (Fri) 15:10
Venue: Laforet Shuzenji

 















The main theme was "Understandable Communication Each Other" in this seminar, and workshops were conducted in English mainly. 

This time was my first joining. The information showed "Cooperation Planning of I-URIC", but I was just only one participant from the National Institutes for the Humanities (NIHU), indeed.

My major is in archaeological science, and now I'm a member of "Integrated Studies of Cultural and Research Resources" conducting multidisciplinary research projects. So I aimed to join in this seminar to know about their recognitions of "interdisciplinary collaboration research" in natural science.


On 29th (Thu), after a keynote lecture, mini lectures were conducted (All of them were in English). These keywords were discipline, passion, good partner, key question. First of all, a researcher needs to have his/her own discipline, to promote a project with passion, to understand opinions each other, and to show a key question in the research. As the result, it can lead to produce interdisciplinary research and multidisciplinary collaborations. This is a basic and very important suggestion, I think. 


After that, we had a group session with the World Cafe (URL explains World Cafe). All of us discussed about "What is multidisciplinary research?", "How can we advance it?" and so on.

On 30th (Fri), all of participants introduced their projects in English for a minute, and conducted a poster session to show their own studies.


 












In summary, I spent very good days. During this seminar, I have been thinking about "What is a different field?" continually. Cooperation and collaboration start from that we recognise "natural sciences and humanities are quite different" consciously or subconsciously, I think. 

I showed archaeology (as well as other academic fields) is beyond any fields and we can conduct projects with various aspects, and many participants were very interested in my 1-minute-presentation and poster. In reality, we, just only researchers stick to our own research fields with unconscious.

I thought the above things in this 2-days seminar.

Comments